Treatments < Urology < Hysteroscopy
Best Urologist Doctor in Ahmednagar
Hysteroscopy is the inspection of the uterine cavity by endoscopy with access through the cervix. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology and serves as a method for surgical intervention. A hysteroscope is an endoscope that carries optical and light channels or fibers. It is introduced in a sheath that provides an inflow and outflow channel for insufflation of the uterine cavity. In addition, an operative channel may be present to introduce scissors, graspers or biopsy instruments. A hysteroscopic resectoscope is similar to a transurethral resectoscope and allows entry of an electric loop to shave off tissue, for instance to eliminate a fibroid. A contact hysteroscope is a hysteroscope that does not use distention media.
- Asherman’s syndrome. Hysteroscopic adhesiolysis is the technique of lysing adhesions in the uterus using either microscissors or thermal energy modalities. Hysteroscopy can be used in conjunction with laparascopy or other methods to reduce the risk of perforation during the procedure.
- Endometrial polyp.
- Abnormal uterine bleeding.
- Myomectomy for uterine fibroids.
- Congenital uterine malformations.
- Evacuation of retained products of conception in selected cases.
- Removal of embedded IUDs.
- Endometrial ablation (Some newer systems specifically developed for endometrial ablation such as the Novasure do not require hysteroscopy)